How does it all work? A whole circus coming to a school? and raising funds as well?
Circus PaZaz is a small circus! We make it work by you, the school/PTA helping us, and this in turn makes it a more profitable venture for you, maximizing your fundraising. Check out some of our testimonials to see what a success this can be!
To ensure your success and make our visit easy for everyone, we ask that:
- To make sure your fundraising with the circus is a success, you will need to promote & sell tickets in advance of our visit (we will provide you with posters to personalise, print and put up around the school/local area). The school will be responsible for producing, selling & collecting all tickets & ticket money at the shows.
- You supply and help us put in the seating – school benches/chairs are fantastic for this and readily available in all schools! If this is not an option, please let us know and we can discuss other options.
- The Big Top seats up to 230.
- You can organise your own selling of refreshments, BBQ and drinks before shows/during intervals, however we ask that we may sell our own circus popcorn and we also supply a table ‘circus shop’ with circus equipment available for purchase.
- As we are a small circus of 3-4 crew we ask you to provide at least 6 sturdy ADULT helpers (over 18 years old) to help hammer in stakes and assist when the king pole goes up and comes down. No tenting knowledge is needed, we advise sensible clothing & good footwear. Once the tent is up we will sort out the rest!
How much space do you need?
- The ‘little’ Big Top is a single pole tent which is 50ft in diameter. We require a flat area of 75ft diameter of cut grass to erect the Big Top tent, one or two smaller sleeping tents for our crew &to park our vehicles – 2 or 3 medium sized transit-style vans.
- You will be asked to sign a document stating that there are no underground (water, electric, gas) services within the designated 75ft area (this is because we will be hammering 4ft metal stakes into the ground to hold down the guy ropes).
- We also require access to electricity 240v three pin point, we carry our own extension leads although if it is a large distance we may need more.
- If we are staying the night, we ask for access to a water point and toilet, but other than that we are completely self sufficient.
What about health and safety?
- All Circus PaZaz performers & staff are DBS Checked, members of performers union Equity & each carry £10M Full Public Liability.
- The “little” BigTop meets all fire and safety regulations and comes with £5m Public Liability Insurance & 10m Employers liability.
- The tent has a max capacity per head of 230. Please note our insurance is invalid if the audience exceeds this number.
- All Children must always be accompanied by at least 1 teacher during the show rehearsals/lessons. During the shows/after school hours children are the responsibility of parents/guardian. We provide family entertainment,not child care!
- All show entertainment is performed with care and safety at all times. All equipment is well maintained & checked. We will only use audience members in the show, if there is no possibility of themselves, bystanders or ourself being injured in any way. We will ensure that the audience is a safe distance from the performance area.
- We ask that the teachers & children performing in the children’s circus wear a name sticker/badge whilst in children’s show rehearsals.
- Grass is best cut at the very least 2 weeks before our visit – Note freshly cut grass sticks to the tent!
- If you have an enthusiastic school/PTA you can’t lose!
We will email these details and more specific information if you would like to book us.